Saturday, April 30, 2016

How to boot/start your phone when your power button isn't working

There are quite a few scenarios when your phone's power button doesn't work. For example, I had dropped my phone in the parking lot while getting out of the car. I immediately checked to see if my phone was functioning normally, but unfortunately, I had discovered that my power button wasn't working and my phone had no home button as such. My home, back and menu buttons were capacitive touch.

I now knew that the only way I could access my phone for usage was either when someone called me or if I received a text or if I plugged in the charger. And once I had reached home, I thought I can take out the battery, put it back in and try restarting the phone. To my disappointment, I realized I had made a mistake now there was no way to turn my phone back on.

Then it occurred to me that I could do a hard reset. So finally here is how you can boot/start your phone when your power button is damaged.

Step 1: Turn off your phone.



Step 2: Connect your smart phone's data cable to your laptop/computer.




Step 3: Hold down the volume rockers of your phone and connect the data cable to your phone.



Step 4: Hold the volume rockers for a at least 30 seconds after connecting the data cable.



Step 5: You will see a screen blink with two options - a. Boot b. Factory Reset

Step 6: Use the volume rockers to navigate and select the Boot option.

Step 7: Another screen will appear with three options - a. Fast Boot b. Normal Boot c. Recovery Boot




Step 8: Yet again using the volume rockers, select the Normal Boot option.

Step 9: You're Done!

Your phone should start up with its usual boot time. Hope this helps, this sure worked for me.
Let me know if you found this helpful. Leave your comments down below.

P.S. The options on boot during connection of data cable may differ from phone to phone. But are mostly the same because they are all running android OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment